Training in Grammar and Usage
Who cares about grammar?
Readers do — and errors in grammar, usage, punctuation and spelling raise doubts about the writer’s professionalism.
Our training shows you how to produce flawless copy that gets the message across — polished with effective grammar, not flawed by avoidable errors.
Learn how to apply the accepted rules of English whilst knowing when the ‘traditional’ conventions can be set aside and use English – either in writing or in speech – to get your message across as effectively as possible.
Training topics include:
- The readers
- Different usage for different situations
- Words that don’t exist
- Common confusions and misspellings
- UK vs USA
- Effective use of the spell checker
When to be more relaxed about the rules
- What’s accepted and what isn’t
- Writing vs speaking
- The basic components
- Subject, verb and object
Correct grammar, poor communication
- Style issues
- Ineffective use
- Usage that gets in the way
- Punctuation marks and their usage
- Practical tips
A final check
- Using the word processor’s grammar checker
- Simplifying complex text
Please contact us if you require any further information.